Saturday, November 11, 2006

All I ask is a blank piece of paper and a pen to write with…

I was reading the other day that Blogging is becoming more and more popular, with thousands of Blog’s starting up everyday. And I can see why.

I have always enjoyed writing. There is something about the creative process, of transferring thoughts and idea into prose and narrative. I always thought that the best use of my love of the written word would be writing fiction, but having discovered Blogging, I realise that perhaps it isn’t. Most of my fiction remains unfinished, the muse having disappeared. I have a collection of beginnings, middles, endings, dialogues and outline ideas, but very little finished work. Most of it will never see the light of day.

In Blogging I have found a natural expression, a way of transferring my thoughts and ideas in whatever way I choose. Short or long, one sided or an in depth piece, it is mine to mould as I see fit. I may not post everyday, but I write everyday. It may be an essay on politics or a scribbled note on a scrap of paper but the thoughts and ideas are my own. I have nothing to prove and nothing to gain.

And I find in this form of expression that I can finish what I start.

No comments: